Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Meyer Lemon Cake with Lavender Cream


Okay, so how many ways can I describe fabulous?! This cake is the bomb, I mean it. And, it is a perfect addition to any spring menu. The balance between the tart lemon curd and creamy, sweet lavender is just divine! This is one that you MUST make right away!

The cake went together without incident. I do not however, own an 8" springform pan. Mine is 8.5" or 9", whatever, so my cake was a not as tall as the one pictured on the site.

















I baked the cake a day in advance and kept it wrapped and at room temp. until the next day. At that time I put it in the fridge to chill, thus making it easier to cut the layers.

The lemon curd was also prepared a day ahead. No problems with it either. I would use this curd recipe again, not just for this cake.


Early the next day I steeped the cream and kept it chilled until the cake was served.






The lavender smells so wonderful in the cream. Now I am thinking, why not try another herbed cream, thyme perhaps?

Again, I cannot praise this recipe enough. The few I shared the results with agreed whole heartedly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks great. I like your suggestion about chilling the cake to make it easier to cut the layers!

Elle said...

Oh my god, that looks divine! I have got to make some lemon curd, and soon.