Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Eggs Stuffed with Capers, Olives, Anchovy, and Radish
























We started our Easter meal with these light, creamy eggs as an appetizer. I think I have been making these every year for the past 3 years, at least. Everytime I prepare them I wonder why it is I wait until Easter to serve these. They are a great adult twist on old-fashioned deviled eggs. Very salty, with a bit of heat from the radish. I plated each on a leaf of baby spinach, nestled on a bed of french lentils. These are great because they can be made in advance. The only change I made in the recipe(go to Epicurious), was to subsitute the mayo with more plain yogurt. I don't use mayo anymore and was not about to buy a jar for that small amount. I don't think it changed the taste one bit.



No comments: